The tasty tomato bisque is a delicious and healthy recipe from Mama Z and Dr. Z’s book, The Essential Oils Diet.
The recipe is as follows:
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Serves: 5-6 people
- 3/4 cup of chopped yellow onion or 1/4 cup dried onion
- 1/2 cup of butter or raw coconut oil
- 3/4 TSP of dried dillseed
- 1 TBS of chopped fresh dill or 1 TSP dry
- 1 TBS chopped fresh oregano or 1 TSP dried
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (almond flour recommended)
- 3 to 4 cups of fresh or canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 & 1/2 TSP freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1/2 TSP freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 drops each of dill, oregano, and lemon essential oil (optional)
- 1 & 1/4 cups of raw honey or substitute with one dropper full of liquid stevia
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can of full-fat unsweetened coconut milk (1 & 1/2 cups)
1) In a medium saucepan over low heat, saute the onions with the butter, dill seed, and chopped dill and oregano.
2) Add the flour, stirring for two minutes.
3) Gradually stir in the tomatoes, alternating with the vegetable stock.
4) Add the Himalayan salt, white pepper, and parsley.
5) Raise the heat to Medium and bring to a gentle boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) Add the essential oils, honey, and coconut milk.
7) Using an immersion blender (if available) mix the ingredients well.
8) Heat through and ladle the soup into bowls.
9) Serve either hot or cold.
*Refrigerate any leftovers for up to four days.
For other recipes and more, check out Dr. Z and Mama Z’s book: