Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
How a Vision Board Works
Visualization is one of the most powerful exercises you can use to change your body. Your vision board should include pictures that inspire you and reflect the “vision” you have about how you want to feel and how you want to look
It’s important that you include things that make YOU feel positive and motivated when you look at it.
The happier your board makes you feel, the easier it will be for you to get your goal. Fill up your board with as many pictures, quotes, and inspirational words that give you so many happy and encouraging thoughts that make you feel like you could out-fly Peter Pan.
What to put on a Vision Board
Include things YOU want to look at because they make you feel empowered, happy and motivated about eating healthy and moving your body.
It doesn’t have to be perfect, just has to make you feel good whenever you look at it.
Put whatever you want on it, as much as you want on it.
How to use a Vision Board
A Vision Board is supposed to motivate you to reach your goal whenever you look at it. It’s a tool to help you see yourself living in your goal body. It’s supposed to inspire you to reach your goals. It will make you believe in yourself.
A Vision Board won’t be as effective if you don’t know how to motivate yourself to lose weight or if you’re not truly ready to lose weight. It’s hard to get happy and feel motivated if you have hormone imbalances, toxic buildup, or metabolic dysfunction working against you.
- I want to have better sex with my husband because I will feel sexier
- I want to be able to cross the finish line of a half marathon or master a specific yoga pose
- I want to wear a bikini, form fitting dress, or even an old pair of jeans again
When you surround yourself with images that invoke powerful positive emotions and thoughts, your brain will work tirelessly to achieve the affirmations and images.
A tangible board works a lot better than a virtual Pinterest board because the goal is to look at it daily.
- I want to be able to wear a bikini at a public beach and feel like a million bucks
- I want all my clothes in my closet to fit perfectly with a little bit of space, so everything looks amazing on me
- I want people to notice and make comments about how much weight I’ve lost and how good I look
It’s YOUR board. Jazz it up however YOU want.
Use pictures, glitter, bows, puffy paint, stickers…the list goes on.
It’s also a good idea to create multiple boards to keep around the house that way no matter where you are, you will always be inspired and motivated.
- I want someone to say to me, “Wow, you look better at 47 than at 27!”
- I want to have a great butt like a supermodel
- I want to feel confident with someone taking my picture
Acknowledge any goals you have already achieved and feel proud about the progress you’ve made and changes you can see or feel.
Read your affirmations and inspirational words aloud.
- I want to be able to wear lingerie in front of my husband and feel confident
- I want to be able to wear form fitting clothes, maybe even a crop top
- I want to be able to fit in a pair of Daisy Dukes cutoffs
Dieting and exercise straight up sucks when you don’t love your body, feel hopeless and insecure about your body, struggle with confidence, and you’re anxious, stressed, burned out.
If you want your future life to look completely different then it’s important to focus your mind to happy thoughts that inspire you to make healthy choices that will transform your goal.