- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (should be about 1 cup, packed)
- 3 tbsp. Ground flaxseed in ½ cup of water (let the flaxseed sit in water for 10 minutes; this substitutes your egg)
- ¾ cup organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. organic olive oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey
- 1¼ cup organic coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. Aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Use a skewer to make a dozen or more holes in your sweet potato skin, then cook it on a baking tray for an hour, or until soft.
- Allow potato to cool, and then cut it in half and scoop out the insides into a large bowl. Add the flaxseed, coconut milk, olive oil, and maple syrup. Combine until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients, then add these to the potato mixture and stir until properly combined.
- Oil your muffin tray thoroughly with coconut oil, then pour the batter evenly into the muffin tray so that each one is approximately ⅔ full.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes.