Healthy Cherry Pie
- 4 cups organic pitted cherries, halves
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1.5 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Place cherries in medium saucepan and place over heat. Cover. After the cherries lose considerable juice, which may take a few minutes, remove from heat. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cornstarch together. Pour this mixture into the hot cherries and mix well.. Remove from the heat and let cool. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use my FAVORITE PIE crust: . Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pie Shells.
- Prepare your crust. Pour cooled cherry mixture into the crust..
- Put all ingredients in the middle and on the top
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.