Apple Bread Recipe
- 1tbsp (14 g) coconut oil
- 1 large Gala or Fuji apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (9 g) maple sugar
- 3 large pasture-raised eggs
- ½ cup (123 g) applesauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) maple syrup
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut or almond milk
- 2 tbsp (28 g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp (10 ml) preservative-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96 g) almond flour
- ½ cup (63 g) tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13-cm) bread pan with parchment paper.
- To make the apple mixture, melt the coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and add the apple. Add the maple syrup and maple sugar. Cook, stirring frequently, until the apples start to soften, about 7 minutes.
- While the apples are cooking, make the bread mixture. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, coconut milk, oil and vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix with a hand mixture until fully combined.
- Pour half of the bread mixture into the prepared bread pan. Place half of the apple mixture on the bread mixture layer. Pour the rest of the bread mixture over the apple layer and make a second layer with the remaining apple mixture on the top.
- Bake the bread for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool before serving.